About the Authors
- Adoke Yeka, Nathan Bakyaita, Ambrose Talisuna, Albert Kilian
- Ministry of Health, Kampala, Uganda
- Kristin Banek, Sarah G Staedke, Madeline Slater, Philip J Rosenthal, Grant Dorsey
- Department of Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California, San Francisco, California, United States of America
- Moses R Kamya, Fred Kironde, Samuel L Nsobya
- Makerere University Medical School, Kampala, Uganda
- Arthur Reingold
- Division of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, California, United States of America
- Fred Wabwire-Mangen
- Institute of Public Health, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
AY, KB, NB, SGS, MRK, AT, AK, AR, PJR, FWM, and GD designed the study. AY, KB, NB, SGS, MRK, AT, FK, SLN, MS, FWM, and GD performed the experiments. AY, KB, and GD analyzed the data. AY and KB enrolled patients. AY, KB, NB, SGS, MRK, AT, FK, SLN, AK, MS, AR, PJR, FWM, and GD contributed to writing the paper.