About the Authors
- Vasee S Moorthy, Egeruan B Imoukhuede, Paul Milligan, Kalifa Bojang, Pauline Kaye, Margaret Pinder, Gijs Walraven
- Medical Research Council Laboratories, Banjul, Gambia
- Vasee S Moorthy, Sheila Keating, Adrian S. V Hill
- Centre for Clinical Vaccinology and Tropical Medicine, Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Oxford, Churchill Hospital, Oxford, United Kingdom
- Sarah C Gilbert, Adrian S. V Hill
- Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
- Brian M Greenwood
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
VSM, EBI, PM, KB, SK, PK, MP, SCG, GW, and BMG have declared that no competing interests exist. AVSH is a co-founder and equity holder in Oxxon Therapeutics, a company developing prime-boost therapeutic vaccines.
VSM wrote the manuscript and clinical trial protocol, designed the case report form, and supervised recruitment, vaccination, laboratory work, and follow-up. EBI supervised recruitment, vaccination, and follow-up. PM analysed the data and helped plan the trial. KB helped plan the trial. SK conducted the immunology analysis. PK was the data manager. MP helped laboratory supervision and planning of the trial. SCG conducted preclinical development and some quality control of the vaccines. GW helped with recruitment and planning of the trial. BMG helped plan the trial. AVSH supervised development of the malaria vaccines and the immunology assays and helped plan and report the trial.